In the fall of 2023, I challenged myself to read 100 science fiction books. These are the best science fiction books I have read since I started this challenge. 1. Blindsight by Peter Watts What if consciousness is an evolutionary flaw? A crew of augmented humans, a biological vampire, and an AI in a not-so-distant future travel to the edge of the solar system to meet a mysterious alien intelligence called the Rorschach. The book asks questions about intelligence, consciousness, and the future of humanity. The book is hard science fiction and dense with scientific ideas and jargon. The characters are all augmented or evolved in various ways, each exploring different aspects of what it is to be human. The story is told from the point of view of Siri, a man who had half of his brain taken out as a child and who feels more like a machine. The ideas and story come together perfectly at the end, each of the characters reach their arcs...
Comments
Post a Comment